So I heard there’s a football game this Sunday.
Whether you’ll be tuning in for the game, the ads, the halftime show, or the puppy bowl, these vegan sliders make the perfect sidekick.
If you’re hosting a viewing party, they work great as a DIY. Just heat the meatballs in a crockpot instead or a pot and lay out the sliced cheese and toasted buns for easy assembly.
Also, a little side note, this post is geared towards those who live within driving/walking/subway distance of the awesomeness that is Trader Joe’s (this isn’t a sponsored post, I’m just a huge fan).
If you’re not one of the blessed who have access to a TJ, you can always make your own meatless meatballs and top them with a fresh basil leaf instead of soy cheese.
- olive oil
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 1 package trader joe’s meatless meatballs
- 1 block trader joe’s mozzarella soy cheese
- 30 vegan dinner rolls (homemade* or store-bought)
- In a large saucepan, sauté the meatless meatball in 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the meatballs have browned, add the tomato sauce and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 10 minutes until bubbling, adding water to thin out the sauce as needed.
- Cut each dinner roll in half. If you have a toaster oven, toast the rolls. If you don’t you can arrange the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 F.
- Cut or slice off 30 square slices of cheese, so that each square is slightly bigger that each of the rolls.
- Assemble the sliders. Place a meatball on each bottom bun, top with 1 tbsp sauce, a cheese square, and the top bun. Serve immediately.
*I love these dinner rolls from minimalist baker but for the sake of simplicity, I used some vegan potato rolls from my local supermarket when putting together this post.