This is basically summer in a bowl.
Vibrant, clean, refreshing.
In case you needed another reason to get blending, did I mention this smoothie bowl can be whipped up in minutes?
- 1 pitaya frozen smoothie pack
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Toppings of your choice (I used buckwheat cereal, chia seeds, & sliced strawberries)
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender like a Vitamix. Blend until smooth, using a dowel if your blender has one to push the frozen fruit gently towards the blade.
Pour into a bowl and sprinkle on toppings.
Continue Reading →
I’m leaving cleanse week firmly in the rearview mirror with this one. Buttery shortbread topped with raspberry jam and my favorite Chambord marshmallows come together to make this killer cookie bar. Feel free to substitute store-bought marshmallows but it really is worth the extra step to use homemade (totally channeling Ina right now I know haha).
Makes 36 smallish rectangles
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup raspberry jam
- 12-14 large Chambord marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease an 8 × 8-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter and egg. The dough will be crumbly. Pat the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Remove pan from oven and top with raspberry jam, covering the cookie crust completely. Top raspberry layer with marshmallows.
- Move a rack to the top third of the oven and change your settings to the broiler. Return the pan to the oven and broil on low for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted. Watch them constantly so they don’t burn! Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Continue Reading →