Makes about 3 cups
- 2 1/4 cups macadamia nuts
- filtered water
- 2 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pitted date
- In a medium bowl, cover the macadamia nuts with filtered water. Soak for a 2-3 hours or ideally overnight.
- Drain the macadamia nuts and transfer to a blender along with coconut water, salt, vanilla, and dates.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the milk into a nut milk bag, cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer placed over a bowl or pitcher. If you like a smoother milk, I suggest straining it twice. Reserve the macadamia nut pulp for baking.
- Transfer the macadamia nut milk to a glass jar, cover and store for up to 3 days.
- I recommend enjoy it over cereal, in an iced latte or just by the glass.