I’m pretty sure (fingers crossed) that spring is finally here!
Although last night’s Game of Thrones has me feeling like it’s winter again.
So much fire and ice and overall insanity.
Anyway, now that the days are getting longer and the sun is coming out, I’m in full-blown smoothie mode.
Açai bowls are one of my all-time favorite breakfasts. You can get your hands on açai in the form of frozen smoothie packs or a freeze-dried powder. This super basic recipe uses Sambazon’s frozen smoothie packs. The options are limitless with smoothie bowls, but I like to include hemp seeds in the smoothie for protein and omega fats and sprinkle chia seeds on top for some added fiber (and more protein!).
- 1 small banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen berries (I used strawberries, pomegranate seeds and blueberries)
- 1 frozen acai smoothie pack
- 1 cup favorite non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- fresh berries (I used blueberries)
- coconut flakes
- chia seeds
- granola or cereal (I like Emmy’s sweet buckwheat cereal)
Add smoothie ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend on high until incorporated.
Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.