I don't even know if you could call this a recipe, it's so easy.
But it's easily become one of my favorite ready-in-seconds snacks/desserts.
I actually keep a jar of the sugary, cardamomy, cinnamony topping my pantry for easy sprinkling. Seriously, if you're busy or tired or lazy or just love toast, give this a shot!
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp chopped pistachios (optional)
- butter or vegan butter (like earth balance)
- In a small cup, stir together the spices, sugar and nuts, if using. If you don't like pistachios, walnuts also work well.
- Toast your slice of bread and immediately spread with butter once it finishes toasting. Once the butter is melted, sprinkle on the sugar and spice mixture. If you have a toaster oven, I recommend popping the toast back in for another 1-2 minutes so that the sugar, spice and butter carmalize a bit.